Sunday, June 7, 2009

I've been out of the loop (on purpose)

Took a week off just because I felt like resting and not bothering with the news. Sure, I kept up with the news, watched it for at least 15 minutes a day, which is about the length of the loops the 24 hour newsnets run before cuing it up again. I heard about Obama's concession to the Egyptians and his encoded message that he would supply the U.S. Military when the Arab/Muslim alliance launched their world takeover.

And I read with sadness about the "suicide" of Keith Carradine, whom I've loved ever since The Long Riders. I've never heard of someone binding their testicles right before hanging himself, but the Bangkok police seem to know what they're doing, so who am I to argue?

In a sure sign that the Apocalypse is upon us, Bill O'Reilly actually issued an apology. On air. I kid you not. Seems Bill took CNN to task for not reporting on the June 1 murder by a Muslim extremist of Army Recruiter William Long until Anderson Cooper mentioned it in his show during the 10 to 11 pm time slot.

Rick Sanchez, ever vigilant, put together a montage of all the mentions that story had received from CNN, beginning with the first breaking of the story, up until Cooper's analysis of it on AC360. O'Reilly, ever the gentleman and conscientious journalist, apologized, on the air, on his June 6 Factor. Hey Bill: a true "warrior" would fall on his sword rather than admit defeat. Please do so. Imagine the ratings your last deed could give Fox News. You'd go out a hero.

Is it me, or does David Axelrod (left) look like a young G. Gordon Liddy (right)?

No comments:

Post a Comment