Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Much Ado About Nothing

If you follow these posts (and my Spidey-Sense tells me that nobody does), you may have noticed that I don't post often. I know that in the blogosphere, staying current is the only currency, and have noted that before. However, I have always been of the opinion that if I have nothing to say, it's best to say nothing. While this may make for a boring source of opinion and information, it allows me to stay true to myself. I will today venture to say that President Obama's nomination of Sonia Sotomayor is bold, courageous, and very wise. What the right, increasingly led by the likes of foaming at the mouth hydrophobes like Dick Cheney, Rush Limbaugh, and Glenn Beck, does with the nominee is predictable. They will attempt to pillory Ms. Sotomayor in a "high tech lynching", to quote the Right Honorable Justice Clarence Thomas (insert pubic hair joke here). However, she will be seated as the first Latina on the Supreme Court. The Republican Party cannot afford any more bad press, and will jump to the aid of the Democrats in Congress to confirm the nomination, if only to save face.

Yours for the Greater Good,

D.H. Swinehart

No comments:

Post a Comment