Friday, May 8, 2009

Never Mind the Bollocks, Here's An Early A.M. Caffeine Rant


As I am new to this type of communication, I feel a certain freedom with the form that I would not feel in other, more traditional, more familiar forms of journalism. (This is, in fact, a journal, which I maintain by writing new ideas, notions, and rants; one could call this form of communication, therefore, ipso facto, journalism. QED.)

For instance, at first blush, the need for factual evidence to back up my claims seems not to apply to this form of communication (Bill O'Reilly, Rush Limburger, I feel ya brothers.)

But in fact, the medium is as reliable and fact-based as I choose to make it (Murdoch employees take note). I could fill these simple lines of code with fond reminiscences of my misspent youth; or I could choose to pass on blatant lies and hypocrisies generated by the paranoid right and lunatic fringe of Nugent and Cunningham; or, and here's where it gets good, I could actually report the truth, putting my own skewed stamp on fact and presenting fact-based stories to the small but dedicated (start dedicating yourselves friends) readership I have.
_____________________________________________________________________________________

So saddle up. We've got a long ride ahead.

Yours for the greater good,

Dale

No comments:

Post a Comment